Form & Surface Workshop With Eleanor Anderson | Tuesdays, Sept 3-Oct 22
Please join us for an 8-week form and surface workshop with textile and ceramic artist, Eleanor Anderson. Eleanor most recently completed two residency programs in 2018, and was a Core Fellow at Penland School of Craft from 2016-2018.
This class will be full of tricks—how to make your own bisque molds, throw a lighter bowl, pull handles and more. This class will be heavy on the nuances of decorating your forms. We will cover surface decorating techniques including sgraffito, Inlay, wax resist and mono-print transfer methods. Class fee includes everything you need to complete the class, but if you are an experienced potter and have preferred tools, please bring your toolkit. Some clay experience preferred, but all levels welcome.
This workshop will meet each Tuesday evening from 6PM-9PM starting September 3- October 22. Students may also work during the Monday evening (5PM-9PM) Open Studio session if they need additional time to work.
Whatever your current level is, this class will help you progress towards a personal voice.
- Making bisque molds
- Improving throwing technique
- Pulling handles
- Decorating the clay surface
Class Fee Includes
- 25lbs of cone 10 Stoneware clay. More—or different—clay may be purchased at Brick Ceramics + Design
- All glaze, underglaze, slip and community tools
- All bisque and glaze firings while you're enrolled in this class
- Studio access on Tuesday nights during class, and Monday evenings during Open Studio (5PM-9PM) to work during additional hours.